- A concept with substantial, identifiable consumer demand which can be effectively replicated in multiple markets;
- A unique and leverageable brand asset or capability that differentiates the company from its competition;
- Attractive business model economics, addressing a specific customer need and demonstrating the operational capabilities to achieve market leadership;
- Strong management in place with a proven ability to execute a clearly defined strategic business plan;
- A strong, focused and customer-oriented culture;
- Significant growth or growth potential and an expansion strategy that is consistent with the company’s performance history;
- A defensible and extendable position in a growing industry category.
As a result of our strategic focus, experience, and investment approach, Catterton Partners has developed a reputation as the "investor of choice" in its targeted industry and vertical segments.
Those companies in which we choose to invest have demonstrated fundamentally superior business models and substantial growth potential. Furthermore, when coupled with Catterton’s investment capital, expertise, and resources, these companies have the opportunity to create a significant and sustainable competitive advantage. This advantage often results in an investment achieving market leadership and providing superior economic returns to all participants.